My SWTOR 1.2 Highlights
Herding Cats is currently undergoing a facelift. Please ignore the mess!
I had kind of wandered away from SWTOR over the past month or so. It was partially for technical reasons (my computer really does not like SWTOR) and partially because .. I don’t know. It just didn’t grab hold of me the way some other games have. I think my general reluctance to roll alts kind of flies in the face of SWTOR’s plan to keep me entertained, and in fact my more alt-tastic guildies have been enjoying themselves a lot.
I wasn’t even THAT interested in the mammoth patch 1.2, which was launched this morning, until I started looking at the reaction from the players today. So, here are a few reasons why I’m now excited to go home and head on into Space:
- Moveable UI: Over half of the 10 or so hours I’ve put into WoW since being Scrolled was spent fiddling with my UI. Wanna get some ideas or share your setup? A friend pointed me to UI Cantina, which launched today.
- Improved Gear Textures: Check out this before and after screenie, which was created earlier today by Josh Augustine from PC Gamer. The one on the right is much more sharp.
- A Cute Pet: Every active subscriber will receive a baby tauntaun pet! I am shallow and one thing I really missed from WoW was adorable companion pets.
- Improved UI for the Global Trade Network: Playing the markets has quickly become my second favorite MMO activity after PvP. I couldn’t find a screenshot of the new UI, but it simply HAS to be better than the old one, and I bet the markets will be booming again because of it.
- Speeders in Space Ports: Zooooooooooooooooooooooom!
I admit to being kind of doubtful that 1.2 could get me literally excited to go home and play SWTOR, but here we are. See you in Space!