I know I just wrote my weekly love letter to RIFT yesterday, but I woke up this morning to video from the Gamescom conference that gives us our first look at Storm Legion’s brand new player and guild housing systems. I’ve already established myself as a fan of housing in MMOs, and I am delighted by what I see in this video.
This covers most of my wishlist for player housing:
- Free form furniture and decor placement.
- Furniture obtained from achievements, quests, crafting, events, and other activities.
- Obtain display trophies from bosses and high level activities.
- Build freeform items from planks and so on, apparently (ie. a treehouse in the video).
- Killed a new boss? Now you and your friends can take over his lair and redecorate it!
- Functional additions, like a bartender you can buy drinks from.
Trion already took my money, and I am pretty happy about that. (It’s me, I am the RIFT fanatic. :) ) Behold the video of the presentation!